We speak to newly elected Green Party leader Natalie Bennett about her plans – and her views on some controversial subjects (GM, nuclear and homeopathy to name but three). We also speak to Simon Singh and Johnnie Shannon about their new ‘Good Thinking’ Society, figure out why the government bothers with reshuffles, discover why IQ tests are actually a rather scientific business, and figure out how students are cheating on their exams.
[Direct MP3 Link] [Podcast Feed] [Add to iTunes]
Please Donate & Support the Pod Delusion
Go on, it’s like buying us two drinks a month!
Due to hosting changes from this episode on we’re going to be shouldering the bandwidth costs for hosting the podcasts directly – so please donate and help us keep the Pod Delusion online and free to download!
- Make a donation to the Pod Delusion
- Subscribe £5/month to help the Pod Delusion (or subscribe £10/month here) (Recommended)
BIG EVENT in September
Natalie Bennett Interview (3:08) by James O’Malley (ft new Green Party leader Natalie Bennett!)
Reshuffles (26:25) by Cory Hazlehurst
Good Thinking Society (34:14) by James O’Malley (ft Simon Singh and Johnnie Shannon)
Cheating on Exams (41:12) by Drew Rae
New Abortion Research (48:29) by Andrew Holding (ft Professor Siladitya Bhattacharya)
IQ Tests (54:48) by Stuart Ritchie
Who Made Your Pants? (61:38) by Liz Lutgendorff (ft BeckyPants)
The sketch at the end is by David Lovesy and Brian Two
- Natalie Bennett
- Good Thinking Society
- Reproductive outcomes following induced abortion: a national register-based cohort study in Scotland
- Who Made Your Pants?
- Who Made Your Pants Fundraising Page
Cory’s Reshuffle Links:
- Pieces by the Institute for Government: this and this
- Huckman and Pisano’s research into Heart Surgeon
- Research from Italian and Belgian football
- Chris Dillow’s blog
Notes for Stuart’s IQ Piece: